Monday, October 5, 2015

GBNP Lexington Arch

Almost forgot this pic. Nice nest on the pumphouse,
Back to the Lexington Arch. The pamphlet said the road was recommended for high clearance vehicles. It didn't say anything about the washouts.

I stopped and walked  a bit of the road. Should have stayed here.


From here on it was 4wheel low range through to the next big washout that had a bypass. The bypass was just barely passable. Not long after this I came to the end of the road.
From here I decided to scout the road. Hmmm, passable in the Jeep for a bit, then hmmm, passable in an atv, then hmmm, maybe an expert rider on a trials bike. At least they'd marked the path.

By this time I'd found the end of road and the start of the trail. May as well head on up. More than the quart of water I had would have been good but its only 1.5 miles. Straight up. I followed the switchbacks, Riley added some extra distance. Just in case I didn't make it they were ready for me.
I finally found the arch.



No comments:

Post a Comment